If you want to experiment with your hair like you’re in a science lab, use this before scissors or hair colour.
I am going to break down the repair therapy for tresses that stress into a few parts. This one is about 5 magic foods that will give you stress free tresses if consumed regularly. Next, I will tell you about the topical nourishment that your hair needs and also add a little unconventional advice to tame your mane.
This is coming from a girl who is forced to spend most of her time getting dressed – taming her hair.
May you always have glamorous hair! ❤
- Apple Cider Vinegar: THIS is your magic potion. I urge you to read up on the benefits of this elixir guaranteed to make you feel brand new. Pour a spoonful of apple cider vinegar (increase to two spoons gradually) in a glass, mix with water (room temperature) – have once a day. It may taste pungent at first but if you’re an alcohol drinker, you really cannot complain. Make sure you buy Apple Cider Vinegar with ‘mother’.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Soak a spoonful of fenugreek seeds overnight, in the morning grind the soaked seeds, make a paste and apply on your scalp. For weight loss and improved digestion, you can drink it on an empty stomach the morning after soaking.
- Kaala Chanaa (black gram): Soak 15-20 kaala chanaas at night and have them in the morning before breakfast.
- Aloe Juice: Even if you’re living in a Mumbai apartment, you can keep and maintain at least 1 aloe plant. Just take out one stem, snip it from one side, take out a spoonful of aloe gel in a glass and add water. The gel will not mix with your water but will settle at the bottom. Drink it up. This is the easiest and the most inexpensive way to nurture that mane. You can also apply the gel on your roots, leave it in for 45 minutes and wash.
- Almonds: Winter or summer, include a fistful of almonds to your daily dose of goodness. The nutritions it contains will solve more than one hair problems. From promoting hair growth to reducing frizz, make almonds your go-to snack for stress free tresses.